The second day of our supervision/workshop with Stephen Gilligan went very well, and ended with a lovely dinner, conversation, and singing before bed. The dinner menu:
Couscous with Chickpeas
Plum Crumble with Ice Cream
2 lb fish fillet
1 1/3 Tbs cumin seed, whole
3 1/2 Tbs olive oil
3 1/2 Tbs fresh lemon juice
2 cloves garlic, (3 1/2 tblsp.)
1/3 tsp salt
1 dash cayenne
3/4 lb tomatoes, small
parsley, fresh, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Rinse fish and place, skin side down, in lightly oiled pans.
3. Toast cumin seeds in a dry skillet until aromatic. Take care not to burn. Grind the cumin to a fine powder in a spice grinder.
4. Whisk the toasted cumin with the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and cayenne.
5. Layer the quartered tomato slices on top of the fish, pour on the marinade, cover, and bake for 20-30 minutes, or until fish flakes easily.
Serving size: 1/6 of a recipe (8.1 ounces).
Total Fat 8.38g
Saturated Fat 1.14g
Total Carbohydrates 4.42g